- What is Embedded Canvas App
- To enable surfacing PoweraApps Canvas App on a Model Driven App form (Eg: Dynamices CE forms) with full access to the record from the host model-driven form .
- Why Embedded Canvas App
- Reduce development time Easily connect to external sources and system via connectors
- Example Use Cases:
- Directly take photo from Model Driven App and store as attachment in specific data storageRead attachment without saving or opening in another tab/windowBuild intelligence into the Model Driven App by leveraging on AI Builder and Azure Cognitive ServicesPerform complex calculations i.e accounting calculations
- MANY MANY MORE – USE YOUR IMAGINATION
- Important pointers
- Only 1 canvas app can be surfaced on the model driven form
- Canvas app controls can be added to a field on the form. The field must be MANDATORY and HIDDEN
- The APP ID will automatically generated and populated after the App is saved
- When an existing embedded app is updated, it takes a while for the update to be reflected
- Always remember to publish both the form and app everything changes is made to the app.
One thought on “Embedded Canvas Apps Pt 1 – Introduction”